- 1 – 2 pm: Outside the Windows with Father Patrick Dolan
- Father Patrick Dolan presents in-depth information about the two elegant stained-glass windows in the Tapestry Gallery, originally from Park Abbey in Leuven Belgium, a city rich in history with a 60,000 student university that dates back to the early 1400s.
- 1 – 3 pm: Open Studio
- Different materials will be provided for you to make artworks inspired by the Museum’s collection. All ages are welcome, all youth must be accompanied by an adult.
- 3 – 4 pm:Special Exhibition Drop-In Tour
- Enjoy a docent-guided tour of Tales from the Turf: The Kentucky Horse.
- 2 – 3:30 pm: The Romantic Virtuoso with Curator Patrick Noon
- Patrick Noon, Elizabeth MacMillan Chair of Paintings at the Minneapolis Institute of Art, will examine crucial relationships between the masters of the French and British schools, in particular the group of innovative painters who worked in the orbit of Théodore Géricault, Eugène Delacroix, and Richard Parkes Bonington.
- 1 – 4 pm: Art Lab
- A creative space for artistic experimentation! All ages are welcome; all youth must be accompanied by an adult.
- 1 – 2:30 pm: Black Horse Men of Kentucky with Dr. Katherine Mooney
- A presentation exploring the history of the Black Horse Men of Kentucky with Dr. Katherine Mooney, Associate Professor of History at Florida State University, followed by a Q&A and book signing of her work, Race Horse Men: How Slavery and Freedom Were Made at the Racetrack.