- 1 – 3 pm: Open Studio: Mixed Media
- Create mixed media, an art form that uses more than one material to create a piece of art, while reflecting on black women artists in our collection. The possibilities are infinite.
- 2 – 3:30 pm: Revitalize! Black Women Artists of Louisville in Conversation with Idris Goodwin
- Co-moderated by Dr. Erica Sutton, Associate Professor at University of Louisville School of Medicine, Board member of Fund For The Arts.
- 1 – 2 pm: Free Sunday Film: Still Beginning: The 30th Annual Day With(out) Art
- In honor of World AIDS Day, Visual AIDS has commissioned seven new short videos responding to the ongoing HIV/AIDS epidemic. The topics range from anti-stigma work in New Orleans to public sex culture in Chicago, highlighting pioneering AIDS activism, and staging intergenerational conversations.
- 2 – 3 pm: Project to Preserve African-American Turf History (PPAATH): Tales of African-American Kentucky Derby Achievements from 1875 – 1902
- A discussion of pioneering efforts of African-American racehorse men who shaped the early legacy of the racing industry.
- Curator Erika Holmquist-Wall will join the discussion.
- 1 – 4 pm: Art Lab
- Put your creativity to the test! All ages are welcome; all youth must be accompanied by an adult.
- 3 pm: Family Drop-In Tour
- Explore the Speed’s collection on this interactive, hands-on tour designed for children and families.