In-person After Hours at the Speed is BACK We’re celebrating the return with a Masquerade, inspired by the closing weekend of the magnificent paper costumes in Isabelle de Borchgrave: Fashioning Art from Paper.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, masks will be required inside at all times. After Hours events will be indoor and outdoor, and dinner options will be available outside via Wiltshire Cafe and La Chandeleur food truck.
Every third Friday, the Museum will be once again be open until 10 pm. Each After Hours event comes alive with an eclectic mix of music, performances, cash bar + food, and of course art! Come experience the Speed after hours like you’ve never experienced it before.
Exciting events for August include:
- Visit Isabelle de Borchgrave: Fashioning Art from Paper to see over 300 years of fashion history recreated in paper sculpture
- Photo booths featuring dresses from Isabelle de Borchgrave: Fashioning Art from Paper
- Explore the permanent collection + What’s New at the Speed, galleries dedicated to new acquisitions, works coming out of long periods in storage, and artworks recently returned from conservation!
- Museum games in the Gheens Court
- Musical performance from classical sextet, Les Six at 6:30 pm in the Atrium
- Costumed figure drawing inspired by the collection at 7 in the Atrium
- Performance from Glittertitz from 8 – 10 pm in the Grand Hall