Patron Circle + Commonwealth Circle
Patron Circle is an active group of philanthropists devoted to supporting the Speed’s mission to “invite everyone to celebrate art, forever.”
Patron Circle members are critical members of the Speed family and their memberships help us:
- Keep Owsley Sundays free for all
- Present groundbreaking exhibits like the Isabelle de Borchgrave: Fashioning Art from Paper and Collecting – A Love Story: Glass from the Adele and Leonard Leight Collection.
- Provide arts education for all ages, at the Museum, in classrooms, and online
- Offer lectures and programs (including After Hours at the Speed) throughout the year for art-lovers, families, students, and more
- Make the Speed Cinema a nationally recognized space for film and community engagement
- Offer free “Speed for All” family memberships for everyone, regardless of ability to pay
Commonwealth Circle Members support the Speed in expanding its statewide impact through Kentucky-focused exhibitions and programs and education initiatives and are included in all Patron Circle events and benefits plus and additional annual event.
Interested in learning more about art and collecting from the Speed curators? Collector and Curator Groups have the opportunity to engage more deeply with a curator, participate in exclusive behind-the-scenes events, and cultivate a richer knowledge and appreciation of artwork. Learn more about the benefits of the Charter Collectors, Speed Contemporary, Art on Paper Society, Speed Design, and Cinephiles groups.
For tax purposes, each level of Patron Circle is fully tax deductible except for $250. For more information, call 502.634.2734 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patron Circle ($600 – $4,999)
Patron Circle Members at all levels enjoy the following benefits:
- Free Museum admission for two
- Free admission to major exhibitions
- Invitation to exhibition openings and previews
- Invitation to the Speed’s Virtual Friday every first Friday of the month
- Free admission to the Speed’s monthly third Friday After Hours at the Speed event
- Admission to The Bacchanal: Annual Patron Circle Party
- Discounts on merchandise
- Free admission and reciprocal benefits to hundreds of museums in North America
Commonwealth Circle Members, who are Kentucky residents living outside of the Louisville metro area, enjoy the following benefits:
- All the benefits of Museum membership and Patron Circle membership
- One exclusive event in Louisville and one outside Louisville each year
- All but $270 is tax deductible
The Speed offers a Virtual Friday event the first Friday of every month to Patron Circle members and above. Get first looks or behind the scenes exclusives for exhibitions, meet and engage with contemporary artists and filmmakers from around the world, and commune with other art lovers and Museum supporters, all from the safety of home! Registrations are sent out via email; reach out to Patron Circle Membership Manager Eska Koester at email@example.com with questions.
Benefits are Per Year. Subject to Change.
Patron Circle is generously sponsored by:
Collector and Curator Groups
Ready to make an impact? Join and travel with curators, select artwork, and vote on acquisitions for the Museum.