The Speed’s adult workshop series, Back to Basics, provides opportunities for participants 16 years and older to explore their creative side and learn new art making skills. All materials are provided and all experience levels are welcome.
CANCELLED: Virtual Workshop: Papermaking Part 2
Saturday, April 10th, 2021 10:30am-11:30am
This workshop has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Inspired by our current special exhibition Isabelle de Borchgrave: Fashioning Art from Paper, this two-part workshop series provides a deeper dive into the different layers of working with paper. From simple stationary to fine art materials, handmade paper adds a personal touch to any project! Join us in the second session to build on the process covered in the first session, as we demonstrate different techniques for adding color, texture, and decorative inclusions to your paper.
Please note that while registration to the second session does not require having attended the first workshop, for this two-part series the information and materials covered in the first session are a prerequisite for learning the processes covered in the second workshop.
Supplies for Part 2 include those utilized in Part 1:
- Cotton linters pulp (recommended: Arnold Grummer’s, available locally at Artist and Craftsman Supply or order online here)
- Dip handmold with screen (recommended: Arnold Grummer’s, available locally at Artist and Craftsman Supply or order online here)
- Plastic (water holding) bin, large enough to accommodate handmold
- Hand or bath towels
- Rolling pin and/or cookie sheet
Additional supplies for Part 2 are subject to participants’ preference, but may include:
- Surface-refining additives (recommended: Arnold Grummer’s, available locally at Artist and Craftsman Supply or order online here) or calcium carbonate/whiting powder
- Coloring agents, such as direct dyes, food coloring, natural dyes, coffee/tea, etc.
- Inclusions, such as dried flowers, metallic flakes, etc.
- Alternative pulp (recycled paper, non-cotton fibers, etc.)
If the recommended supplies are too cost prohibitive for attendance, feel free to contact our Interim Studio Programs Coordinator at email@example.com for alternative material options.
Costumed Figure Drawing
Questions? Contact Brittany Thurman at firstname.lastname@example.org