Know Before You Go
Welcome back to the Speed! Protecting guests, staff, volunteers, and art plays a crucial role in our mission: “We invite everyone to celebrate art forever.” We are a low-contact environment with spacious galleries, enhanced air-cleaning technology, and minimal shared surfaces. Following recommendations from the CDC and the State of Kentucky, we have developed additional guidelines to keep everyone safe during your upcoming visit.
Reopening is generously sponsored by Baird.
Proof of Vaccination from guests is required in order to be admitted to internal events and programs that require pre-registration such as After Hours, workshops, Cinema Screenings, etc. Guests coming to visit the galleries are NOT required to show Proof of Vaccination.
- Internal events include: After Hours @ the Speed, workshops, lectures, guided tours, Speed Cinema screenings.
- All visitors age 12 and older are required to provide proof of full vaccination for internal events and programs at the Speed
- All children 5-11 must have had at least one shot of the COVID vaccine or a negative COVID test, must adhere to all other visitor policies, and must be accompanied by an adult who has satisfied the above requirements for internal events and programs
- Vaccination documentation must be authentic and reflect that visitors are fully vaccinated, having received their final dose at least two weeks prior to the day of their visit. Acceptable proof of vaccination includes a CDC COVID-19 vaccination card or a photo of the card.
- Staff will verify documentation upon your arrival, but will not collect or store this information. Please do not email your documentation in advance of your visit.
- Any person who does not meet these requirements may be denied entry to the event.
- The Speed’s staff is fully vaccinated.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms (including cough, fever, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or new loss of taste or smell), or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, we ask that you please delay your visit. To reschedule or refund tickets, please contact Guest Relations at 502.634.2700.
To ensure proper social distancing, we have placed a limit on the number of guests allowed into the Museum, and individual galleries, at one time. We encourage you to buy your ticket online. Tickets with a designated entry time can be purchased online, by phone, or in person. We cannot guarantee that all times will be available when purchasing in person – we encourage you to buy your ticket online. Please arrive at the time you have selected and present your tickets to Guest Relations. We encourage you to begin your visit with the ticketed exhibition, and we ask that guests limit their visit to less than 2 hours when possible.
Directional signage has been placed throughout the Museum to help guide your visit. Please follow arrows and social distancing icons on the floors. For the protection of the artwork please remain at least one arm’s length (approximately 3 feet) away from the art and behind all stanchions or tape barriers in the galleries.
Coat check is currently closed. The following items are not permitted in the Museum: all parcels, backpacks, portfolios and bags larger than 13” x 17” x 6”, umbrellas, and outside food or drink. Please leave these items at home or in your car. Exceptions may be made for bags containing essential medical equipment or for use in nursing or childcare; however, food and drink may not be consumed in the galleries. Complimentary wheelchairs and strollers may be checked out from Guest Relations.
We’re taking extra care to make sure that our staff currently working within the building are taking safety precautions to maintain the health of our guests and other staff. All Speed employees are fully vaccinated. All surfaces are cleaned and sanitized frequently, and high-touch areas such as railings and elevator buttons even more so.
What's On View?
From gallery installations to permanent collection highlights and special exhibitions, get a sense of what there is to see on your visit to the Speed.