After Hours is back on for the third Friday of the month, inviting you to enjoy music, drinks, and art from the safety of home! After Hours will stream live online via the Speed’s YouTube and Facebook channels. You’re invited to join us from the comfort and safety of home!
Presented with our partners, the Louisville Ballet and The Voice-Tribune. Generously sponsored by Brown-Forman.
March’s Virtual After Hours event will include:
- D.I.Y. Paper Fashion Challenge: Inspired by Isabelle de Borchgrave‘s paper gowns and costumes, Director Stephen Reily and Studio Programs Assistant Chelsea Harris make their own wearable paper artworks!
- Title Wall Creation: Design Manager Liz Morse gives a behind-the-scenes look at the creative process in developing the Fashioning Art from Paper title wall.
- Musical Performance from Brooks Ritter: Singer-songwriter Brooks Ritter will perform a set inspired the exhibition Careful, Neat & Decent: Arts of the Kentucky Shakers, part of “Shaker Commonwealth.”
- Conversation with the Louisville Ballet : Deputy Director of External Relations and Programming and former ballerina Abby Shue sits down with Louisville Ballet Artistic Director Robert Curran and Resident Choreographer Andrea Schermoly. The three will discuss the famed Ballets Russes, and the costumes recreated for Isabelle de Borchgrave: Fashioning Art from Paper.
- Meet the Designers: Presented by The Voice-Tribune: Get to know the three fashion designers participating in the Ready-to-Wear Fashion Challenge inspired by Isabelle de Borchgrave: Fashioning Art from Paper. Each of the designers will chose a dress from the show to inspire their own ready-to-wear look! The designers include Pascalle Ballard, Edward Taylor, and Project Runway’s Frankie Lewis.